Rapid-result, Molecular and PCR Coronavirus Testing
Our lab offers rapid-result, molecular and PCR coronavirus testing of people who meet our guidelines which are based on supply consideratons and CDC guidelines.
Please note that all new patients will need a telemedicine or in person visit before testing is ordered.
Who we test:
- Symptomatic patients. All symptomatic patients should be tested and need an appointment before testing is ordered. Please call to schedule a telemedicine visit.
- Asymptomatic direct contacts of COVID patients. This includes those who have spent more than 15 minutes within 6 feet of a COVID positive individual. These patients should be tested and may be eligible for coronavirus testing without a provider visit. Call to speak with our coronavirus testing team nurse.
- Asymptomatic patients who need testing for preoperative purposes or as determined necessary by an MPFC provider. Please call to schedule your test.
Who we do not test:
- Patients needing testing for travel except as negotiated with occupational health and in emergency situations.
- Anyone who does not meet the above criteria (except as by contract with MPFC Occupational Health)
- If you require testing and do not qualify through our testing policy, please visit these sites for alternative testing venues which do not require a provider order:
- Coronavirus antibody testing is available upon consultation with a provider. Antibody testing is generally not covered by insurance and requires payment at the time of service.