Rapid-result, Molecular and PCR Coronavirus Testing
As supplies allow, our lab offers rapid-result, molecular and PCR coronavirus testing of Medical Park patients who meet the following guidelines.
Please note that all new patients tp MPFC will need a telemedicine or in person visit before testing is ordered.
Who we test:
- Symptomatic patients. All symptomatic patients should be tested and need an appointment before testing is ordered. Please call to schedule a telemedicine visit.
- Asymptomatic, direct contacts of COVID patients. This includes those who have spent more than 15 minutes within 6 feet of a COVID positive individual. These patients should be tested between 7-10 days after exposure and may be eligible for coronavirus testing without a provider visit. A negative test at 7 days post-exposure in asymptomatic individuals will end quarantine. Call to speak with our coronavirus testing team nurse to schedule.
- Asymptomatic patients who need testing for preoperative purposes. Please call to schedule your test.
Who we do not test:
- Patients needing testing for travel except as delineated in a MPFC Occupational Health contract.
- Anyone who does not meet the above criteria (except at clinician discretion).
If you require testing and do not qualify through our testing policy, please visit these sites for alternative testing venues which do not require a provider order:
- Where to get a free COVID test in Anchorage today.
- All Anchorage COVID test sites.
- Test sites for travel to Hawaii
- All Alaska COVID test sites.
COVID Antibody Testing
- Antibody testing is available at MPFC in consulation with a provider.
- This test is generally not covered by insurance and requires cash payment at the time of collection.