Our lab offers rapid-result, molecular testing using the Abbott ID Now platform for established Medical Park patients. Results are available within a few hours.
Please note that all new patients to MPFC will need a telemedicine or in-person visit with a provider to establish care before a COVID test is ordered.
All tests not associate with a provider visit should be scheduled with our testing team for the day you need your test. You may come any time between 8:30-4:30 on your scheduled test day and either walk in to clinic (if asymptomatic) or park in one of our drive up spots located on the east side of our parking lot. Call/text the number on the placard for drive up testing. Call our main number at 279-8486 to schedule a day for your test.
Test fees will be billed to your insurance.
Who we test:
- Symptomatic patients. All patients experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should be tested and generally need an appointment before testing is ordered. Please call to schedule a telemedicine or office visit.
- Asymptomatic patients who need testing following exposure.
- Unvaccinated patients who have an exposure to someone with COVID should be tested between 7-10 days after exposure and may be eligible for coronavirus testing without a provider visit. A negative test at 7 days post-exposure in asymptomatic individuals will end quarantine. Call to speak with our coronavirus testing team nurse to schedule your test.
- Fully vaccinated patients should be tested 3-5 days after a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 and wear a mask in public indoor setting for 14 days after exposure or until a negative test result.
- Testing related to participation in school or work. These tests are available for established MPFC patients. You are responsible for determining if our test meets your needs.
- Due to emerging test kit shortages, we are not currently offering covid travel-related testing. Please visit any of the "other Anchorage testing sites" listed below to find a site for travel-related testing.
Do I need a COVID test?
- Check the CDC website to find out!
- Not sure? Call us and ask to speak with the triage nurse.
Other Anchorage testing sites:
- Where to get a free COVID test in Anchorage today.
- All Anchorage COVID test sites.
- Test sites for travel to Hawaii
- All Alaska COVID test sites.
COVID Antibody Testing
- Antibody testing is available at MPFC in consulation with a provider.
- This test is generally not covered by insurance and requires cash payment at the time of collection.