Our lab offers rapid-result, molecular testing using the Abbott ID Now platform for established Medical Park patients who meet criteria as below. Results are available within a few hours.
Please note that all new patients to MPFC will need a telemedicine or in-person visit with a provider to establish care before a COVID test is ordered. If you are symptomatic, we require that your visit be by telemedicine. Please to not walk in to MPFC if you have or may have COVID. Call us and we will arrange for testing or a visit without putting our staff or patients at risk.
All tests not associate with a provider visit should be scheduled with our testing team for the day you need your test. You may come any time between 8:30-4:30 on your scheduled test day and either walk in to clinic (if asymptomatic) or park in one of our drive up spots located on the east side of our parking lot. Call/text the number on the placard for drive up testing. Call our main number at 279-8486 to schedule a day for your test.
Test fees will be billed to your insurance.
Who we test:
- We test based on CDC guidelines and clinical judgment.
- No one should be tested for COVID symptoms or exposure within 90 days of a prior positive COVID test.
- Symptomatic patients. All patients experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should be tested and generally need an appointment before testing is ordered. Please call to schedule a telemedicine or office visit. Please note that testing is NOT indicated within 90 days of a previous positive COVID test.
- Asymptomatic patients who need testing following exposure.
- Unvaccinated or incompletely vaccinated patients (those who have not had two shots and a booster) who have a close, known exposure to someone with COVID may be tested on day 5 after exposure without a provider visit.
- Fully vaccinated patients do not need a test following exposure unless symptoms develop
- Testing related to participation in school or work. These tests are available for established MPFC patients without a provider appointment. You are responsible for determining if our test meets your needs.
- Due to test kit shortages, we are not currently offering covid travel-related testing unless a patient has symptoms of COVID. Please visit any of the "other Anchorage testing sites" listed below to find a site for asymptomatic, travel-related testing.
Do I need a COVID test?
- Check the CDC website to find out!
- Not sure? Call us and ask to speak with the triage nurse.
Other Anchorage testing sites:
- Where to get a free COVID test in Anchorage today.
- All Anchorage COVID test sites.
- Test sites for travel to Hawaii
- All Alaska COVID test sites.
COVID Antibody Testing
- Antibody testing is available at MPFC in consulation with a provider.
- This test is generally not covered by insurance and requires cash payment at the time of collection.