At Medical Park we strive to keep up with all things COVID to keep our patients and staff healthy and strong.
Adaptations in clinic include:
- Universal masking for all adults in clinic: staff and patients alike.
- Social distancing and escalated infection control and cleaning protocols in public clinic areas.
- Entry and daily staff screening for illness.
- Telemedicine visits. Check with your insurance company on whether this is a covered benefit.
- Drive-up, minimal contact testing site for respiratory illnesses.
Coronavirus testing at MPFC:
- We offer rapid result, molecular coronavirus testing in our lab through both Abbott and Cepheid platforms. When indicated, we can send samples for PCR testing. Samples may be collected during a provider visit or through our drive-up service.
- As thoughtful stewards of nationally limited coroanvirus testing resources, we follow CDC guidelines on whom to test and when in the course of their illness and/or exposure to obtain a sample. See the links on the bottom of this page or call our coronavirus testing team for more information.
- Asymptomatic, established patients may be eligible for coronavirus testing without a provider visit. Call to speak with our coronavirus testing team nurse to see if you qualify.
- All new patients to MPFC will need a provider visit, either in clinic or via telemedicine, prior to coronavirus testing. If you have not been to MPFC in the last three years and would like a coronavirus test without a provider appointment, please call 211 or visit the Alaska testing site locator for information on other testing site options.
- Coronavirus antibody testing is available upon consultation with a provider. Antibody testing is generally not covered by insurance and requires payment at the time of service.
Clinical coronavirus information:
- Learn more about coronavirus from the CDC
- Kids and coronavirus
- What if I think I have been exposed to coronavirus?
- People at higher risk for severe illness
- What to do if you are sick with coronavirus?
- When can I be around others if I think or know I had coronavirus?
- CDC information on coronavirus testing
- CDC coronavirus FAQ's
- FDA authorized home collection coronavirus testing links are available on this site.
- Alaska coronavirus testing site locator
- Alaska Department of Health and Human Services Coronavirus Information
- State of Alaska Health Alerts and Mandates
- Alaska State Traveler Information Site
- Alaska Travel Flowchart
- Alaska 211 is a free, confidential one-stop-shop for community resources in Alaska including drive-up coronavirus test sites in Anchorage and throughout the State