Our pulmonary specialist oversees both our home sleep study program and spirometry and lung function assessments. During the coronavirus pandemic we are taking additional precautions to minimize issues while performing spirometry testing. Our home sleep study program continues with an escalated cleansing program between uses in accordance with industry guidelines.
Please note that Philips Respironics has placed a voluntary recall on some of their ventilators, BiPAP and CPAP machines. Here is some important information related to this recall:
- The Philips Respironics webpage contains lots of useful information and you can register your machine to determine if it is affected by this recall.
- The FDA has issued a statement indicating that affected devices may continue to be used until a replacement is available.
- Philips will replace all affected machines as devices become available. Insurance companies are not reimbursing for new devices from different manufacturers and our Medical Park providers are not writing orders for new machines with the only reason being this recall.
- Do not use the SoClean cleaner and instead clean the device by hand.
- Our Medical Park providers do not recommend using an additional filter as it may cause a drop in pressure and lead to ineffective flow.